If you live in Port Charlotte, Florida and you are in need of a roof replacement, you may be very stressed trying to figure out how much the entire procedure will cost you. This is a completely rational thing to be stressed over, as roof replacement jobs never come cheap. However, many people find themselves in an even worse situation when they receive an estimate for their roof replacement job from a reputable contractor, and find it to be more than they anticipated.
Oftentimes this is because they got a roundabout cost estimate from a friend or relative who recently had a roof replaced and assumed the cost would be very similar to that price. A homeowner may feel cheated or miss lead when this happens, although that is not always the case. There are many things that can affect the cost of a roof replacement job and in this article, we will highlight some of the main reasons such as how much the material you choose to shingle your roof affects the cost, what aspects of your home can result in a higher job estimate, and the importance of hiring a reliable roofing contractor to replace your damaged roof.
How Much Does The Material You Choose Affect The Cost Of Your Roof Replacement In Port Charlotte?
And when it comes to variables that can affect the cost of your roof replacement job, the material you choose is one of the leading factors. In this section, we will highlight the differences between asphalt shingle roofs and metal roofs, and discuss how choosing either of the two will affect the cost of your roof replacement accordingly.
- Metal Roofs- Here at Roofs Only Florida, we offer a roofing option called metal roofing. Metal roofing is an excellent choice for any homeowner looking to get a long-lasting roof that they will not have to maintain or have replaced for presumably the entire duration of their stay at their residence. This is because a metal roof is significantly stronger than an asphalt shingle roof is, and has an expected lifespan of well over 50 years! However, with this increased quality comes a much higher price tag. This means that your roof replacement job will be quoted much higher than it would be if you were to choose asphalt shingles as your roofing material.
- Asphalt Roofs- On the other hand, you can also choose asphalt shingle roofs. Asphalt shingle roofs are an excellent roofing material if you are looking for mid-class performance at a very reasonable price range. On the other hand, you can also choose asphalt shingle roofs. Asphalt shingle roofs are an excellent roofing material if you are looking for med-class performance at a very reasonable price range. There are different variants of asphalt shingle roofs, such as three-tab and architectural shingles which will slightly vary in cost and performance. For example, three-tab asphalt shingle roofs tend to be less durable than architectural shingles, however, they cost less per square foot to install than architectural shingles do. As a general rule of thumb though, you will be quoted at a lower price per square foot when choosing asphalt shingle roofs over a metal roof, though you may have to replace your asphalt roof two times or more before you would have to replace your metal roof.
How Can Your Home Itself Affect The Cost Of Installation?
There are many variables to your home that can affect the cost of installation as well. Such variables include but are not limited to:
- Pitch Of Roof- Besides the size of your roof, your roof's pitch may be one of the greatest factors to consider when getting an estimate for your roof installation. The picture of your roof refers to how steep or shallow the angle of your roof is. A roof with a larger pitch tends to have a much higher point with a lower width. If your roof has a large pitch, you will presumably have to pay more for the roof installation process, as these roofs are much harder to navigate and pose a greater risk to our roofing contractors and workers.
- Roof Size- The size of your roof plays a significant role in determining how much your roof installation will cost you. For obvious reasons, a roof that has larger square footage will have much more roof that has to be first torn off and then installed. A roof with a greater surface area requires much more material to be replaced, which means that your roofing contractor will have to pay more in material costs and more in labor fees.
- Any Dormers- If you have any dormers, this can also affect the cost of your installation. Dormers are often small rooms that protrude from the sides of roofs and normally include a window allowing you to look out over the area surrounding your home. These can be tricky to work with at times and may result in an increase in cost for installation.
- Labor Costs- As much as both you and your roofing contractor would love to not have to pay for labor costs, it is an unfortunate reality when having any work done to your home. Labor costs often fluctuate depending on the economy. For example, In our current economy, it is hard to find people that are willing to work due to the recent events that have unfolded in the past few years. As a result of this, when you find people who are willing to work they recognize that they are essential to the functionality of your business, and you have to pay them more than you normally would. This means that in turn, you as a homeowner may also have to pay more so that your roofing contractor is still able to make a profit off of the job.
- Any Peaks Or Valleys- If your home has any peaks or valleys this can also affect the cost of the installation procedure. Additional peaks and valleys mean that more material such as flashing and underlayment needs to be used resulting in a higher material cost. Complex roofs such as these also require more skill to install, meaning that you may also have to pay more in labor fees.
How Important Is It To Hire A Reliable Roofing Contractor Like The Ones Here At Roofs Only Florida?
Hiring a reliable roofing contractor such as the ones we have here at Roofs Only Florida is essential to getting an accurate and honest quote for your roof replacement procedure. We pride ourselves in the relationships that we build with our clients, and will never sacrifice our reputation just to make a little extra money off of someone who may not know what exactly goes into a roof replacement procedure, and how much of an impact certain items may have. If you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to our team so we can assist you! We have also provided our potential clients with a free and instant roof replacement quote calculator, so that they can get a general idea as to how much they should be quoted for their roof replacement!